Curious how to make your favorite dish or a nourishing food you haven’t tried? There’s no better way to bring healthy, high-quality food into your home than to learn how to cook it yourself, and to love doing it. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make specialty items from scratch—like savory sauces, salad dressings, jams, pickled veggies, butter, and sour cream to name a few. You can find sincere pleasure in putting care into your food and creating something so delicious and good for you. Private or community cooking workshops are a fantastic way to bring new energy to your cooking, or perhaps they can help you take on whatever part of cooking might feel intimidating.
I offer easy-going, fun, and informative classes with a variety of useful and health-conscious themes, or you can choose your own topic and we’ll bring it to fruition. Each cooking class is 2.5 hours, unless noted.
All classes include info on the health benefits of the featured theme and at the end you’ll either take home the delectable dishes you’ve created or enjoy the fruits of your labor in a communal meal. Whether you are looking for a one-on-one learning experience, an entertaining small party idea, educational opportunities for your staff, or even a wedding gift, classes with Homeskillet are sure to delight!
Sample Workshops include:
- Real Food Snacks for the Whole Family
- Knife Skills & Short Cuts
- Brain-Boosting Breakfasts
- Introduction to Grain-Free Cooking
- Trust the Gut: Foods for Digestive Wellness
- Baby’s First Foods
- Healthy Cooking with Your Little Homies
- Allergy-Friendly Desserts
- Sprouted & Soaked & Soured: Basic Preparation of Grains, Flours, Nuts & Seeds
- Funky Fermentation: Krauts, Kimchi and Pickles
- Home Cheesemaking 101
- Dairy-free Milks, Yogurts, and Cheeses
- Healing Bone Broths
- Paleo Dinner: A Hunter-Gatherer Feast
- The New BBQ: Healthy Grilling and Picnic Sides
- Date Night: Cooking for Couples
- Texas Farm-t0-Table Fall Supper
$250 for a one-on-one private cooking workshop
$300 for a two-person/couples private cooking workshop
$100 per person for a private cooking workshop for groups of 4-6
$40-$100 per person for Community Workshops, or otherwise noted in a special event
* Get a 10%-off discount when you sign up for three or more workshops!